Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This Year's Curriculum

So I know that a huge question everyone has for homeschoolers is, "What curriculum are you using?".

My sweet Treasure is happy to be in Grade One this year.  My silly Joyful is going to attempt another year of Kindergarten, while we continue to try to fill in all of the gaps that her early life experiences has left her with.  And my tiny Bear will be running full steam into days filled with activity since she has finally started to have so many longer moments of content awake time where she is looking for and asking for it.  Her happy times are even increasing.

We are using this awesome and free resource for the base of our program, from Wee Folk Art .  I have had to change some of the weeks around to better suit our calendar.  I've loved it since the first time I looked at it, and I'm confident that it is the right jumping off point for us right now.

For Joyful we will be adding in Erica's wonderful Letter of the Week program, .  I have NO idea how this is going to go, but it seemed like a great place to start.

For Treasure's grade One year I have a lifetime membership to EarthSchooling,  that I will pull from.  I also purchased the grade One curriculum from Waldorf Essentials,  to work with as well.

To help me personally figure it all out and get it together, I purchased a years membership to Melisa's Thinking, Feeling, Willing program - which is amazing, 

I also signed out for Sketching it Out in August through this wonderful lady, Lisa.

And what would it all mean if I didn't have a place to lay it all out?  Here is a link to my Pinterest boards.  Once you scroll down past all of the house stuff you will see our year unfolding.  If we don't use something, I delete the pin.  If I don't use the board, then it gets moved to the end for future reference.  Unless I LOVE the photo and it's self explanatory, I delete the pin unless the resource is free.  So yes, following along there will let you find tons of free stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment