Monday, August 4, 2014

Week Two in Review

Can't believe how fast the time is flying by!  Another week already done, and I couldn't be prouder of my girls.

Joyful is doing AMAZING!! I am so glad that I listened to her needs and held off on pushing academics on her.  She is ready now, and she is showing me just how much she can do.  She now has all of her shapes flash cards hanging on the wall, showing the she is able to tell me what each of them are when presented with the card and asked.  She even read her first word this week.  Yep, that's right, she read a word!!!!  Oval, in case you were wondering.




This week she worked on the story Mouse Shapes.  A cute little story about 3 mice hiding from a cat in a pile of shapes. They create tons of different things out of the shapes, including 3 large scary mice.  Again we backed this up with free resources that I found on line, as well as some work sheets from a large Kindergarten workbook that I have.  We have also continued with daily matching of the shapes words to the shapes, an activities from the Robot theme pack we used last week.







My treasure is mighty proud of herself, and so am I.  She now has all of her grade three sight words up on the wall along with her grade two sight words.  She has mastered another book from our set.  As her form drawings become more intricate and require more concentration, she becomes more resistant to doing them.  But she sure is proud when she finally accomplishes them.  It's interesting, because at first I wasn't able to see the true value of the form drawing, but as the drawing themselves ask more from her, I can see the many benefits to the block, and am now looking forward to the grade two block.






No comments:

Post a Comment